Installed nmap on cygwin. Dead easy!
- Download and install Cygwin
- Download and install WinPCAP
- Accept most defaults
- Do the default installation, typically C:\cygwin\
- Download nmap for windows (zip)
- Open the zip file
- Double click the folder inside the zip, a large list of files should appear
- Extract these files (and not the folder which contains them) to C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin
- Open cygwin
- Your nmap installation on cygwin is now complete
Update 3/May/2012: Try running the vcredist_x86.exe file found in the zip archive if nmap doesn’t seem to run.