I have just migrated my blog from my previous host j u s t h o s t to Amazon Web Services. Even on just a humble T2.micro, the speed is noticeably quicker. I have MySQL running on the same host, with no load balancers, and just an Elastic IP Address and Route 53 A Record pointing to it. I still need to figure out a way to automate a daily Ec2 Snapshot, with deletes after 14 days.
This should be interesting to try on my Android Samsung Galaxy S3. http://blog.al-aqel.com/android/guides/google-wallet-on-unsupported-devices/
I was trying to investigate a failed disk from a RAID array using a USB hard drive dock and Windows 7. The problem was Windows was reporting that the disk was read-only, so it wouldn’t repartition the hard disk.
I opened up diskpart tool in windows (Run As Administrator) and tried to run the clean command, but again it complained that the hard drive was in read-only mode.
Finally, I found the way to remove the read-only flag, so I could
wipe the drive, and scan it for bad sectors.
DISKPART> list disk
DISKPART> select disk 2
DISKPART> list part
DISKPART> select part 2
DISKPART> attrib part clear readonly
Do not sign up with greenhostit.com. If you require SSH access, don’t use them. If you follow instructions that their support recommends, you’ll get blocked from SSH access as a result.
About Brand Management, Stephanie writes:
There simply is no better salesperson for your business than a satisfied customer. Stay involved. Monitor projects and keep them on schedule. Do not be late or miss project milestones. This is like instant death. Lose money. That’s right. Even if you lose money on a client or customer, that one individual can bad mouth you globally today. Check out Angieslist.com if you don’t believe it. You may lose some cash up front but, again, a happy client is your best salesperson – and they’re FREE. Sweet.
Manipulating partition tables on MS-DOS labelled hard disk (the most common type as of this writing) is an extemely important skill to have as a System Administrator. If one or more partitions gets deleted or modified in an unintentional way, it is imperative that one know how to restore or modify the partitions to rectify the problem.
Now I am able to map
using Winbolic Link
* * * * * command to be executed ┬ ┬ ┬ ┬ ┬ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ └───── day of week (0 - 7) (Sunday=0 or 7) │ │ │ └────────── month (1 - 12) │ │ └─────────────── day of month (1 - 31) │ └──────────────────── hour (0 - 23) └───────────────────────── min (0 - 59)
I was initially having some issues doing an upgrade. It was, as it always seems to be, because I did not RTFM.
- Backup your MySQL database.
- Backup customised themes or plugins or any other files
- Delete the following files and folders:
- The zp-core folder
- The themes that were distributed with Zenphoto
- The files in the home dir (index.php, rss.php, sitemap.php etc.) that came with the distribution
- Download the latest version and upload it to your server. Do not replace your albums or cache folder!
- Make sure the .htaccess file is writeable. (If you do not have a .htaccess file, you will be given the opportunity to create one during setup.)
- Move robots.txt
- Visit www.example.org/zenphoto/ to start the automated setup wizard.
- If it does not automatically start, visit www.example.org/zenphoto/zp-core/setup.php
- Make sure everything checks out, and click go!
- Follow the instructions.
- You’re done! Enjoy.